Sunday, June 14, 2015

Birthday Ride


With Just over 3 months until arriving in Croatia, my life has been so busy, I haven't had much time to get out to ride. However, next weekend I have committed to a 75 mile Bike Ride. The Denver Century Ride! . I am excited.

In September, I will only have had my bike for two years, and I am easing into cycling. I have found it has opened up so many conversations, and I have had wonderful rides with friends, great conversations, views, and the list goes on and on. June 20th, will be my first official long race.

My friend Tammy and I were able to get some time on the saddle yesterday (June 13th.. my birthday) and I want to start sharing my experiences in cycling, as I prepare for my trip to Croatia and while I am in Croatia. Yesterday while riding, I felt free, I felt awesome and I noticed so many reasons why! Not long into my ride, I noticed everyone has a HUGE grin on their face and are just HAPPY to be outside and on their bike. Everyone is so friendly! Well except the goose that hissed at me and claimed it territory on the path.

In all the years I have lived in Denver, I have never been on the bike paths while there was so much water. With so much rain that we have had I had to take a few detours. The City of Denver was ALL over the clean up and I was so proud of my city at how well we maintain bike paths so we can enjoy them.

Although my first detour came about mile 3
Detour 2

Until I cam across this ~ and wondered how on Earth did this happen..
While I stopped and chatted with 4 women who were surveying birds with their binoculars and note pads, they let me know the guy got out safely, just barely.

So when I got home I looked it up!
Here is how on Earth a truck landed in the middle of the Platte. Just not a site you see very often. It just makes me realize how much rain and water we have in our rivers here in Colorado.

As I rode on, I met up with my friend Tammy, we hit the path and were so grateful of the amazing weather we had.




With a snack a few adult beverages, thanks Tammy for the birthday beverages, in Morrison. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stop.

This ride took on a special meaning as Tammy and I (Bike for Bill) #bikeforbill
Tammy's friend's husband this past week while out riding a bike, took a bad fall and has been in serious condition. Scary how quickly something like this can happen, he has a wife a kids that are praying he will come out of this ok. I am grateful I can ride. ~ Get well Bill.


So we rode on, and rode hope, and the more we rode the more excited we are for our 75 miles next week...

Soooo on our way home...
Detour #3

Forget it... let's just ride through this one...

I'd say, I had a wonderful Birthday Ride!!!!!! Looking forward to so many more this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment