Thursday, November 17, 2016

Cycling Flanders!


This past October I had the opportunity to cycling in Flanders in Belgium. It was an experience like no other. I learned so much about cycling and the love that Belgium has for cycling.

We rode on the cobble stone in as much as 20% grades! My tires slipped and I couldn't seem to get my clips to clip. I was determined, and I did it! Mostly. I struggled through the 20% grade, I was feeling strong while some of the boys were walking. I veered to the right, then turned my wheel left, and with no more strength and momentum, I fell over.

700m Climb - average grade is 11.6% #TheKoppenberg max grade 22%

The guys said the faster you go on the Cobblestone the less it hurts. My brain was hurting from all the shaking. I am quite proud of myself for doing as well as I did. I feel like I tore the bike apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment