Friday, September 4, 2015

Bike Back

While scoping out a ride for our Denver Mile High Rotary Ride

I hit the South Platte Trail heading North toward the Clear Creek Trail.

While on my way I passed about 50 Over the Hill Gang all out on a ride. While I rode behind them for a bit, I decided to pass them, saying the "on your left" then they all start yelling down the line.. "Bike Back, Bike Back, Bike Back"... It made me laugh.
Still new to biking, I now know what Bike Back means :)

As my ride goes along, this is how I felt after hitting the Clear Creek 64th Ave Detour... while they detoured ON THE HIGHWAY... with cars zooming past at 70 miles an hour, it was a little daunting.


I know I have said this before about cyclists, but everyone is so happy while riding a bike! I stopped somewhere at the crossroads of the South Platte and the Clear Creek Trail a lady asked me where I was headed. I said I was trying to find the Clear Creek Trail. She said I was heading in the right direction, there are some detours and it takes you along the highway. If it wasn't for her, I definitely would have given up at the 64th and Pecos detour and turned around, but because of her advice, I found myself on highway. It took me far too long to find my way, and the detour signs where horrible.


I don't know if you can see this picture but there are arrows pointing in EVERY direction. I pretty much gave up and made my own way home.

I did find the perfect spot at 55th and Lowell to meet for our Rotary Ride. That I only found by chance... not thanks to the signs.

Until Next time.. I will finish the rest of this route..

No comments:

Post a Comment