Monday, September 28, 2015

Cycling Hvar Island, Boat trip, or Day off;


We opted for the day off~! What an amazing day!! After an awesome relaxing breakfast and like 5 coffee's we got ready and headed for the beach!!



It's like one of those days that pictures can't really do this place justice! It was just amazing, certainly nothing like what I expected from Croatia.



The beers were fantastic and we were just so happy we were there in September and not during high season, where we really had the opportunity to enjoy this time, with far less people.

I wish I had water shoes, but I made due. Got in the rocky beach, and got off my feet as soon as I could for a little swim. I don't always like to swim, but I just couldn't resist. The weather was warm enough and the waters. It was amazing. The water is so crystal clear. There is little to no pollution in the Adriatic sea by Croatia, and it is very noticeable. You don't see any white foam or anything for that matter. It's crystal clear all the way to the bottom!



After many hours and a few beers, we make our way back to Hvar for night two! It's a lovely place, crowded even in September we can't imagine high season.



By evening we wandered up the steep stairs to the Fortress/Citadel, or whatever you call it. I can do a little more research, but it was a nice hike up the steep hills and awesome views for the top. We were hoping for the amazing sunset we had the day before, but I guess we can't have it all. The sun set as so so, but the view was amazing!



I guess I forgot to note the sunset from yesterday... spectacular!



And so we ride along... Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment